Apple crumble has always been one of those nostalgic desserts for me, and I could never recreate that nostalgic feeling with a store bought crumble, then I came across this recipe in my all time favorite cook book '4 Ingredients 2' and it was perfect, so easy, quick and simple to do that I had to give it a go. I added a few extra ingredients to make it even more delicious, if you want to know how to bake it, then keep reading.
- 2 tins sliced apple
- 1 packet of digestive biscuits
- Short-crust pastry
- 115g butter
- 110g brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to gas mark 3 or 180 degrees celsius
- Lightly grease a baking dish
- Roll out pastry and carefully place inside dish
- Cream melted butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Bash up biscuits and add cinnamon
- Then add biscuit mixture to butter mixture a little at a time
- Evenly layer apple slices on top of pastry
- Egg/milk wash the edges of the pastry that are showing
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This apple crumble is delicious served with ice cream or custard or if your feeling extra hungry why not have both !
Step by step video:
Thanks for reading