Its as simple as turning your muffin tin upside down and moulding the cookie mix over the top (make sure you use a non spreadable sugar cookie mix) you want the cookie to keep its shape, heres a simple versatile recipe for a basic cookie:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar, or granulated sugar, processed in blender or food processor for 30 seconds
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Almond extract or emulsion, optional
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour.
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes with mixer set at medium speed Add yolk, beat well.
- Add whole egg, vanilla and optional almond extract and beat until well-incorporated.
- Add flour; beat at low speed just until flour is mixed in; do not overmix.
- Divide dough in halves or thirds and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour and up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dust work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll dough to 1/4" thick, sprinkling with additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on parchment or silicone-lined pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies appear dry on the surface and are light golden brown on the edges, about 10 minutes (very large cookies may take up to 12 or 13 minutes).
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks and cool completely before decorating.
Once your cookies are cookie bowls are baked and cooled, fill them with ice cream and sprinkles and away you go !!!
Thanks for reading,