I know lemon is typically a summer fruit and traditionally incorporated into summer dishes, but I really wanted to share this recipe with you as its super easy and will impress anyone who you serve it to. It only contains a couple of ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes and ready to serve (perfect for those last minute guests).
1) Vanilla cake mix
2) Lemon pie filling
3) 1 pack digestive biscuits / graham crackers
4) 1/4 cup butter (melted)
5) designated coconut
1) Break up biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs, add melted butter, then mix until combined
2) Place in the bottom of a greased baking dish (lasagne dishes or cake tins work fine, any dish with a depth of 3-4 inches will work perfectly)
3) Evenly distribute the biscuit mixture along the bottom of the dish
4) In a separate bowl add the cake mix and lemon pie filling and whisk together until combined
5) Pour cake/lemon mixture over the top of the biscuit base
6) Bake in a pre heated oven at 350degrees/gas mark 4 for 20 minutes
7) Once baked, cool for 10 minutes then sprinkle coconut over the top
8) Now its time to slice your bars, they can be any size you like depending on how many slices you want to make.
9) Once sliced, they can be stored in a tuber-ware container for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoyed this one, and If you bake them then don't forget to let me know how you got on, its always nice to see people baking my recipes.
Thanks for reading, and have a good day,