As always I try to keep a healthy balanced diet, but every now and then I want a treat, something sweet and indulgent that I know I will feel bad for eating afterwards. Instead of having that regret feeling after a feast of chocolates I'm going to let you in on a little secret of mine. These cookies are delicious, there super moist and sweet and they defiantly fill that craving for something sweet without actually breaking any dietary rules. First let me start by saying these are not 100% healthy as they do contain some sugar and butter but they are defiantly better for you than a double chocolate toffee filled chocolate cake with toffee buttercream frosting. Anywayy...
You came here for the recipe and I won't hold you any longer, here it is (and please treat it with care, it's a gooden):
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon raisins/dried fruit
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees / gas mark 3
2) Using a electric whisk / stand mixer beat together the butter and sugar until combined
3) Add egg and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture (DO NOT OVER BEAT)
4) Next add the flour, baking soda and salt into the butter mixture, after mixing this in add your oats and raisins and beat until fully combined together
5) Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper
6) Using two spoons, scoop out the batter and place on the baking sheet about two inches away from each other (The cookies will spread in the baking process)
7) Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown, leave to cool for a further 10 minutes and then enjoy.
So there you have it, now you've baked your first of many batches of oatmeal raisin cookies and you don't have to stop at just raisins, here are a few other ingredients you could throw in the batter to create completely different cookies:
- Banana Chips
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
- Dried apricots
- Cinnamon & Dried Apple
The list goes on and on and on, there is no stopping this recipe, If you have any other flavour combinations you feel would compliment the cookies then please let me know as I would love to hear them.
If your more of a visual person, then your in luck, I made a little recipe video, with step by step instructions which hopefully you will find useful:
Thanks for taking time out of your day to visit my blog and I hope to see from you again soon.