17 Oct 2012

Macaroni Bake

This is so easy to prepare and bake, its one of my favourite recipes to create when I have little time on my hands as its not time consuming at all. I contains on 4 ingredients, of course you can add more to it if you want, but the basic dish is so good you wouldn't want to add anything else to it. It all started with the noble macaroni pasta, I have to admit, I had not tried macaroni cheese until this past summer when I was in America, and I was pleasantly surprised by the taste, It wasn't as cheesy as I was expecting it to be, But it was creamy and delicious and defiantly something I wanted to recreate myself. Everyone knows cheese and tomato go together like no other, so thats what I'm going to do, combine these two staple ingredients with the macaroni, but I still wanted some more texture in the dish, which is where my fourth and final ingredient comes into play... Bacon ! (of course you can use any type of meat you feel like, ham, sausage, chicken, turkey, minced beef etc...). Do you want to know how it's made, then keep reading:


Ingredients:
1) 1 packet of macaroni pasta (Of course you can use any pasta shape you prefer)
2) 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
3) 1 can tomato soup
4) 1 packet of bacon (or your preferred meat) 

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 350degrees / gas mark 3

2) Boil pasta according to packet instructions, and drain.

3) Fry/grill bacon according to your preferred taste buds.

4) In a large bowl, add the pasta, half the cheese, bacon and entire can of tomato soup and mix well.

5) In a casserole dish pour in the pasta mixture and spread, with the remaining cheese sprinkle over the top.

6) Put in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

7) Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes to set, then slice and enjoy! 

Of course you can add more ingredients to this bake, peppers, mushrooms, or even chilli flakes for that added kick. If you have any other great ingredient ideas, then feel free to leave it in a comment below, I'm sure others would love to hear it.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe and have a good day
Rachel Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment