25 Oct 2012

What's going on with me

Hello my lovely readers, Today I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to give you a recipe or show you how to DIY something or another, instead I though I would let you in on whats going on in my life at the moment and a tell you about a few projects I have coming up in the next few months. If your interested that is, you can keep reading, if not then I wouldn't blame you if you just skipped through this post, my life's not that interesting anyway. Ok, so for those of you that are still here I would like to thank you for your continued support, it really means the world to me that people are actually reading my blog and that my hard work is being appreciated, so thank you all very very much. 

Alright, here it goes;
I've been back at uni for maybe 4 or 5 weeks now and I feel like i'm the only one who hates it! I know 'nobody like school' but I hate university with a passion, I think it's more so the course I am doing, It's just not for me, I don't find it one tiny bit interesting and every day is a struggle to get up and attend. In all honesty I'm not there all that often my timetabled schedule is Tuesday 12-1, Thursday 10-4 & Friday 10-2, but I still struggle to make those seminars, I've spoken to those in charge but there all like; 
'Oh, well you would have to start from year 1 again in 2013 and you will have to pay for an extra 3 years studying which can total over 30 grand' 
There is no way I'm paying any more than I already am for a course that I don't even want to do. Of course quitting has crossed my mind several times but I don't think I could, I mean I'm already in my second year and I finish in march, then I've only got one year left till I graduate, and a degree is still a degree at the end of the day, even if it is in something I have no intention of pursuing in my future. Its still good to say that I finished something even though I didn't want to. Oh I'm sorry I didn't tell you what I'm studying did I: Criminology! I know what your going to say, 
'Well Rachel, why did you choose to study criminology if its not something you want to do'
and the truth is, I really don't know I couldn't think of a reasonable answer as to why I choose to study criminology, I guess it is because i applied last minute to go to university and criminology was one of the only courses available and I was more exited to actually go to university rather than dwell on the course I choose to study. 
I think I would actually enjoy uni if I was doing a course I enjoyed, I did originally apply to study mental health nursing but even though I got an A*, 1 A and 2 B's in college they rejected me from all five of my chosen universities, which originally put me of going to uni altogether, then I think it was June or July of 2011 I decided to reapply because I had no future goals or aspirations and I believed going to uni would inspire me to do something with my life (I still haven't been inspired). I think the best thing i should have done was take a gap year instead of rushing into things, I could have really though about what it is I wanted to do and actually enjoyed my time at university rather than settled for what was left and have a miserable time doing it. 

Anyway I think Thats enough of my moan about university life, on to my home life:
So I passed my driving test in March 2010 and I've only just bought my first car, so although I'm looking forward to driving and becoming more independent, part of me is terrified that I have forgotten how to drive, everyone keeps telling me;
'It's just like riding a bike, you wont forget, when you get behind the wheel it will all come back to you'
 But I'm scared that it won't. I suppose I'm just going to have to have faith in myself, I mean I did pass my driving test (Albeit on my third attempt) and I can drive, I mean there not going to pass someone who's incapable of changing a gear are they ? 
So my car arrives tomorrow between 11 and 3, I'm getting a new Citroen C1, in the colour red. I really love the car because it's small and cheap on insurance. I got my insurance for a bargain at £1033, which although its a lot of money generally, at my age for car insurance in a large city its pretty decent. When I first past my driving test, I was looking at insurance quotes and they were coming back at the minimum of £9000!!! Being a student, That was defiantly not in my price range, so after waiting two years my insurance came down nearly £8000, So that has to be one of my biggest bargains I've purchased this year. (I'll let you know how I get on with the whole driving situation tomorrow, wish me luck).

I'm also starting a new job on Monday which is really exiting, I will tell you more about that once I start fully and get into the hang of things, what I will say is thats its night shift work, from 11pm till 7am three nights a week, and I know I will be half asleep in my uni lectures, but really, whats new there. So I'm looking forward to starting that, as you all know my last job was in America, I was a camp councillor at a summer camp in New Jersey which was a lot of fun. I'm actually thinking of applying to work in Australia once I finish this year of university, Theres a program owned by Camp America called 'Get Australia' and I think I'm going to go for it, I mean I'm only young once, and I might as well go for it when the opportunity arrises right? 

It's also my younger sisters 8th birthday at the end of November and I'm going to me putting my apron of for that, I will be baking here a birthday cake, and additional cupcakes and cake pops, I've got loads of ideas for it and my plan now is to condense down these ideas and create something amazing, My ideas include:
  • High heel cupcakes
  • Bunting
  • Green & pink cake pops
  • Banners
  • Sparkles
  • Brownies
  • Vanilla & Chocolate
  • Frosting
  • Marshmallows
There are so many ideas running through my head, so I need to put pen to paper and get creative with a plan and list of supplies, Once I have that done I will update you on the birthday project. 

Also the Apple event was the other day and I really don't know why but I spent nearly two hours watching the entire thing and afterward I literally wanted to buy every Apple product ever made, I have made a decision that I think I might buy the ipad mini, or the ipad 4, I really cant decide on which product to go for, I know its personal preference but the retina display on the ipad 4 is whats pushing me towards that although it is nearly £150 more expensive, so Im not sure. I also need a new laptop and the Macbook pro looks like the perfect computer however it has no disc drive! What on earth were they playing at with that one, I use my disc drive all the time and to spend so much money on a laptop I would expect it to come with a disc drive, I know I can buy an external disc drive which isn't so expensive but thats not really the point, the point is if I'm going to spend so much money on a laptop I want it to come with all the mod-cons and not missing such a vital component of a computer. If you have any advice for me, then please let me know what I should do. Oh also I got my bill for this months  phone contract and its £71!!! its only supposed to be £36, I went over on my data but over 1GB which isn't my fault, It just kept eating away at my data even when I wasn't using it, so I rand up Vodafone and they credited my account £20 and change my price plan so m I have 2GB roaming data, I wanted unlimited but apparently they don't do that, which I don't believe, I've still got one year left of this contract, but when it runs out I'm switching service providers. 

Ok, so you'll be glad to know that I'm done, I cant think of anything else going on in my life, but if I do I will be sure to let you know, Thank you to all of you that are still reading you really do deserve a medal for still being here.

Thanks for reading, and have a good day,
Rachel Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment