19 Apr 2013

Two Months To Go !

As some of you may know from watching my youtube videos, I am going on a trek this summer and Im so exited you have no idea! Im going on the 'South to South Trek' with Trek America and as the title says I travel from south coast to south coast starting in New York and finishing in LA. I leave on the 19th June but the trek doesn't start till a few days after that so I intend to spend those few days prior exploring New York as its my favorite city in the world, I've already been there twice but there is never to many times to visit the city that never sleeps! 



Ive gotten to the stage now where I have to start calculating things up and deciding on how much money I should bring, what I should bring with me, what I need to buy, where I want to go when Im there, literally I have lists coming out of my ears. The trek lasts 5 weeks, and I have my return flight already booked for 1 day after the treks over but I defiantly am going to change that, I want to stay in LA for as long as my money allows me to, and so I am thinking of transferring it for 1-2 weeks after that. 

So I think I've mentioned before, but if not I will let you know know all the places I will be visiting on the trek;
  • New York
  • Washington DC
  • Carolinas
  • Charleston
  • St Augustine
  • Miami
  • Florida Keys
  • Orlando
  • Panama City Beach
  • New Orleans
  • San Antonio
  • West Texas
  • Carlsbad Caverns National Park
  • Sante Fe
  • Mesa Verde National Park
  • Colorado Rocky Mountains
  • Arches National Park
  • Monument Valley
  • Grand Canyon National Park
  • Lake Powell
  • Bryce Canyon National Park
  • Zion National Park
  • Las Vegas
  • San Diego
  • Los Angeles
So there it is, thats a lot of places to cram into five weeks of travelling but apparently its do-able. I have lots to do in preparation for this trip of a lifetime and will be documenting it via Youtube and blog posts, so stay tuned if you want to see how it all pans out. 

What should I do in my two weeks in LA?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Rachel Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment